A rant that was generated by an earlier conversation regarding the mind set or state of my generation.. Pardon the sporadic-ness, but I let it flow on Twit.. But felt it was something I could share with more people on here, so I cut and paste.. Enjoy..
Talk is so cheap, but I really can't afford it..
If a guy even approaches a girl these days and she's not interested or they just don't click.. He is then referred to as "thirsty"
While a female isn't allowed to approach a guy that they may be interested in, cuz they might look "desperate" or "thirsty"
So what we have here is a bunch of "thirsty" people, talking about their swag and getting tattoos..
And that is why there aren't very many relationships in the age range of about 20-25..
Reality shows, rap music, magazines and media in general has basically corrupted this generation..
People would rather party and club 5 days outta the week, than to spend 4 days out the week in school gaining knowledge..
People would rather think about they next tattoo or what they doing this weekend, than to contemplate where they wanna be 2 years from now..
Would rather read Tweets from celebrities than read Novels..
And it's somewhat not even our fault.. A lot of this is pop culture.. It's force fed to us.. But us as humans, have the ability to reason..
Which means, we should be able to decipher the information we gain and analyze what is healthy and what to throw out..
And we also live in a culture that puts a lot of emphasis on the now and present.. Short-term thinking.. We never really look ahead..
You can't get to the future without going through the present.. Simple as that.. So why not pave a road to success in a few years?
It's honestly a sad sight to see.. I know it's impossible to help everyone, but when you see so many people in your age group headed nowhere
It's like DAMN, I know I can do something..
It's so many people living a life that aint even theirs.. Just doing all these things because other people are doing it and what not..
I know most everyone knows at least one person like that.. That is all about the latest fads.. Seem to not even have a mind of their own..
Now I aint saying I'm Mr. Perfect and stuff.. I'm just voicing my opinion on some stuff that I see through my eyes.. My minds interpretation
All of this spurred from a convo me and my cuz @eperry88 had.. Just the mindstate of our generation is terrible.. Straight up..
You can take heed or remain a sheep.. I just had to speak..
People say they wanna change the world, but that aint an easy feat.. I wanna make a dent big enough in society to force some change..
Change is required for growth.. So let us grow.. As a generation, a society and as people in general..
Start your own trends.. Create your own style.. Do your own thing..
People in front have paved the way.. Don't mean you have to follow their steps.. Make your own path, but pick up some knowledge on the way..
See what obstacles they ran into, some counters to those.. Seek advice..
Just a young man, with an old mind.. Letting it flow.. Food 4 Thought.. Eat up..
Track I'm feeling: Justin Timberlake - Never Again.. Babyface on the production.. Blue Magic..
Til then it's always,
Peace, Love & Soul..
1..
D.No..
No comments:
Post a Comment