Friday, May 10, 2013

Entry 21

"Bless homie, we breathing.." - Cole

About a week or so ago, around midnight I was up, staring at this computer screen for about 20 mins and couldn't write anything.. So I had to leave it, couldn't force it.. Lo & behold I found some direction for a post on the comeback.. So here we are, been a while but let's do what we do..

I feel like I'm back in high school essay writing days with this one.. Member how you could start an introduction with a fact, story, quote etc.. I choose story with this one, but gonna intro into it..

I know it's been a while, but I've been substitute teaching for several months now, k-12.. It's interesting stuff man to say the least.. But that stories for another day.. This story is for today..

I picked up a half day shift yesterday for a PE class (out here they call it Phy Ed and it irks me!!!). So I get to the school and the guy I'm subbing for is there still and is going to give me the walk through and what-not.. So we get into the gym and I hear some guy scream & I'm like shiiiiiiiiii, I know that type of scream.. It turns out, I'm subbing for what they call adaptive PE, which is PE for kids with disabilities.. Now if you know me, you know there's few things I'm afraid of.. One is for sure, mentally challenged people.. I just don't like the uncertainty of what they might do, you can't read them and I think that's what gets me.. Plus they strong as H.. Anyway, so I'm low key petrified but I can't show that, so I hold my own, f that (Pinky (Next Friday) voice). So Teach tells me I'll only have two classes, so I'm like coo I can handle this.. Self talk/motivation is the best way to do it.. So I get my first class at this high school and a girl name Alex and guy named Alan (looked dead on like Screech from Saved by the Bell, curly fro and all) are my first two to arrive.. I don't know what disorder they have or anything but Alan comes in and reads my badge and is like "Hi, David, I'm Alan... Not spelled the normal way with 2 L's and an E, and not 2 L's with an A, but A-L-A-N" Hahah, that was probably the dopest introduction I've heard in my life.. Fast forward a little bit, I have a total of 7 kids in my class, we stretch and play 'Baggel' I think it's called.. They are having the time of their life tho, like the craziest amount of excitement.. They just happy to be playing this game, and doing pretty good at it, I might add.. So the class ends or whatever and they all come up to me on their way out and say, "Thanks Mr. David".. I'm thinking I aint even did nothing..... So now I gotta get over to the middle school for my last class.. I get there and I've pretty much already had these kids in another class before while subbing at that school so I see familiar faces but no names associated.. This class has 4 kids and I decide to play some soccer with them.. One of the kids walks up to me like, "Hey Mr. David!" and gives me a high 5.. So we playing or whatever and one of the girls stops me and is like, "Hey did you sub for my sister yesterday at John Marshall? She says you were her sub before.. Her names Hannah" "Yes I did, I think I remember her" She's ecstatic and says "I'm gonna go home and tell her I saw you today and that you were my sub!!" Like me being her sub made her day, that was crazy to me.. But that was the icing on the cake of a lesson filled day for me.. I got the message.. What I should've said to the high school kids when they thanked me, was No, thank you.. Thank you for letting me see the beauty that which is life.. Thank you for reminding me of the Blessings that I have..

I just been seeing and hearing a lot of complaining from people man.. It gets tired.. Over little stuff.. Talking bout having bad days.. There aint no such thing as a bad day.. Shi happens, you alive, get over it.. Get better.. Do better.. Be better.. Be happy that you have what you do have.. I'm talking bout the simplest things tho.. Ability to stand on your own two, to use your full brain capacity, ability to breathe, walk, talk, see etc.. Everything else is a luxury.. We complain about our lacks of luxury while people in other countries don't even got healthy drinking water.. And we scoff at drinking tap water.. You know what these people would give for a running faucet in they towns? It's crazy to me.. I just had to get that weight up off my chest.. Bench Press.. I just Hope we get better as people man.. For reals..

Cuz seeing these kids on the daily is a constant reminder that we aint doing our job as an older generation.. These kids is on a whole nother level!! 6th graders cussing.. 8th graders talking bout smoking for 420.. College cats messing with high schoolers.. Shi is crazy!!! I just be hoping my Sis and Lil Bro don't fall down no wrong path.. And then the fear of what society gon be like when I have kids is unimaginable.. We gotta be better role models man.. We gotta let folks understand that we "Turnup" after we "Workup" meaning we working our asses off.. We have fun when it's time but other than that, we working!! Tryna get better, do better, be better..

I give it up to my Brother Ike.. He said f it, this is what I wanna do, and did it, and now he doing it.. That's mad inspiration.. Could've went the route most people take, which is go to school, get a degree, yada yada yada, but he opted out.. I aint saying that's what everyone should do, but I'm saying you should do what you want.. That's what it's about, making your own path.. I've finally had the opportunity to take my own advice and find my pen and draw up a path.. How can you complain when it's what you chose?

"And it's nobody fault, I made the decisions I made, this is the lyf I chose, or rather the lyf that chose me". Jay

We all here for a reason.. We aint have to wake up this morning.. But we did.. So we gotta make the best outta this next 24, or however long we got.. The clock don't stop.. Game don't change, only the players do..

That'll have to suffice for this morning joint.. Burn slow.. For my Left Coasters, this an early read for you.. Enjoy this rare candy.. Back to subbing..

Miami coming soon.. Live Your Freedom coming soon.. Cali coming soon.. Summer gon be bananas..

Track(s) I'm spinning back: Jay-Z & Kanye - Welcome to the Jungle, Cole - 2 Face, Jay - Forever Young (Barclay Center performance f/ Beyonce), Cole - Cole Summer, Unabomber..

Til then it is, as always.....

Peace, Love & Soul..

1..

D.No..


No comments:

Post a Comment